Magnum Systems commercial roof inspections are dispatched quickly, conducted by a trained member of our staff and include a thorough investigation with documentation of the roof in its entirety.
The inspection includes the following:
- Inspect the entire roof area for damage that may have resulted from debris, nature or service traffic i.e., HVAC unit maintenance.
- Remove all debris that may have accumulated on the commercial roof surface including leaves, branches, dirt build up, loose nails and screws, to ensure it does not restrict drainage or cause roof membrane damage.
- Inspect and clean all roof drains, overflow drains, scupper drains and grates to ensure a free flow of water and snow melt.
- Probing of welds at membrane field seams, T-joints, roof curbs and roof penetrations to verify no voids have developed at weld points.
- Inspect all sheet metal and counter flashings at copings, gutter collector boxes and downspouts to verify that they are properly attached, sealed and free from any failures or voids.
- Verify all HVAC unit access doors and covers are installed and secured as they can blow off and damage the roof.
Inspect and verify roof access scuttle, ladder and locking mechanism are operational and all flashings are in place and secure